Warriors Cats of the Forest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bloody Eyes and Crying Claws

2 posters

Go down

Bloody Eyes and Crying Claws Empty Bloody Eyes and Crying Claws

Post  Sarrowbuscus Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:39 am

Rabbitfoot opened pale blue eyes, looking around at the lush forest around him. Everything was so..clear. A starry stream rippled down a hillside, parting and gurgling around rocks. He looked up to see cats sharing tongues with others of different Clans, and even gleamed Patchstar and Ivoryleaf, happily together on a hill, sharing tongues. A fat mouse bolted past him, followed by a WindClan warrior chasing after it, laughing. He gasped as he saw the faded figure of Squirrelstar, hunting a squirrel with youth she didn't possess in the waking world.
"Is she dead?" he whispered, staring with shock. He padded around, enjoying his time with the starry cats he knew well.
Then he stopped, spotting a thick, eerie glow through the forest. Through pines and maples, a sickly glow was emitting from a darker section.
What could that be?
Rabbitfoot padded forward, flicking brush away with his tail, then saw thick pines with rings of age, mushrooms sprouting on them, giving off a sickening, eerie glow.
It occurred to him this was the Place of No Stars, and he gasped, backing away. But he froze when he heard voices. The voices were indistinct, but so familiar..

"Wrong!" Poison growled, cuffing Sparrowpaw on the head. The RiverClan apprentice rolled in front of him, glaring at him with amber eyes. Poison chortled and rose, circling the formidable young tom.
"Sparrowpaw, eh? I thought you were the best fighter among the apprentices? Or are you just a mouse?"
The thick blue tom asked smoothly, still circling the young cat.
"We only train cats willing to fight against their Clanmates; to unsheathe their claws and rake pelts. To spill blood; warrior blood. Thieve kits, prey, and triumph in every way. We don't train kittens that cry to their mothers for milk. We train hardened warriors, kit. Which are you?"
The blue cat asked, flicking his tail, sitting down and waiting for an answer, staring at the young tom with heavy green eyes.

Sparrowpaw bristled, unsheathing his claws.
"I'm a hardened warrior, you kit. I can beat you in battle ANY day! And I'll prove it!" Sparrowpaw hissed, lunging forward. He latched onto Poison, claws sinking into his shoulders. Poison growled and flung him off, tackling the young tom. They hissed and yowled with fury as they locked in combat, clawing at each other viciously. Dust rose, then everything stopped as blood lay heavy on the ground and it's salty tang filled the air.
"Good, young cat. You may prove worthy..Maybe."
Poison hissed one last time, flicking his tail dismissively.

Rabbitfoot watched in horror as Sparrowpaw faded into the waking world, and he ran off, fading as he ran to flee the nightmares.
Sarrowbuscus
Sarrowbuscus

Back to top Go down

Bloody Eyes and Crying Claws Empty Re: Bloody Eyes and Crying Claws

Post  Mossy's Frogkip Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:59 pm

ooc: Mind if I join in? If not, I'll edit it .3.

ic: Reedpaw let out an "oof" as he was slammed into. "Hey-" He cut off his hiss of annoyance, looking in surprise at Rabbitfoot. "Oh hey! You're the Windclan Medicine cat, Rabbitfoot! I saw you at gatherings...You know...Before I died." He mewed, getting quieter as he neared the end of his sentence. But he made himself look happy again. "What brings you here? How is Thunderclan? I heard Windclan and Thunderclan have joined together!" He said excitedly.
Mossy's Frogkip
Mossy's Frogkip

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarrowbuscus Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:10 pm

OOC- Yep, you can join! ^^

IC- "Reedpaw!" Rabbitfoot exclaimed, purring.
"Well, there was a fire in WindClan's territory; it's burnt the whole thing to ashes. We're residing with ThunderClan for a while."
He paused, wondering if he should consult the young cat about Quietbreeze..
"Well, Brightstar is very close to kitting. I'm afraid she might lose a life in the process; if I'm unable to help her."
He paused again.
"Reedpaw.. I fell in love with our deputy, Quietbreeze. We're together, but..I'm scared. She's scared. I don't know want to do.." he murmured, wanting to scream and cry all at the same time.
Sarrowbuscus
Sarrowbuscus

Back to top Go down

Post  Mossy's Frogkip Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:38 pm

Reedpaw looked sympathetic, despite being Riverclan. After all, in Starclan there were no boundries. "Well, first off I'm sorry to hear about Windclan. I'm sure everything will grow back soon...Most likely." He said unsteadily, obviously a little uncomfortable with what Rabbitfoot had inquired at the end of his sentence: Loving the deputy.

"Brightstar is a strong cat, and I'm sure she'll be okay, especially with you helping her. As for what you just said..." He drifted off, backing away into a nearby bush and motioning with his tail for the medicine cat to follow. "You know very well it's against the code to have a mate when you're a medicine cat. Doing so could get you removed from your medicine cat rank, as well as losing connection with Starclan. At a worse-case scenario, you could get exiled, Quietbreeze too. Are you willing to risk that? I know this may seem pressuring and hard for you, but you choose your destiny, Rabbitfoot. Maybe this was how it was supposed to be..." He whispered. "Or maybe not..."
Mossy's Frogkip
Mossy's Frogkip

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarrowbuscus Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:52 pm

Rabbitfoot ducked into the bush after the smaller cat.
"Yes, I know very well, but..." he stopped, staring at the ground as if it would just...give under him.
"I love her so much..And we don't know what to do..I heard from an old cat hat..That following your heart was the best route."

Bushes rustled and a gray she-cat stepped fourth.
"Scarlet!" Rabbitfoot exclaimed.
"Yes, young cat. And it was I who told you; I had a mate that was in the so call RiverClan when we were first created. I followed my heart; my connection here grew stronger, and my Clan never knew..Until I had kits. They welcomed them, seeing as the rule hadn't been set."
She paused. Rabbitfoot seemingly knew exactly what she was going to say. Standing, the young tom flicked his ears.
"And the rule his an atrocity. It never should've been placed; yes, having a mate out of Clans is unrespectable, maybe minor punishment. But this whole rule..Kits wouldn't distract a medicine cat from their job. It's like saying kits would distract a leader!" he hissed, flicking his tail with ire.
Sarrowbuscus
Sarrowbuscus

Back to top Go down

Post  Mossy's Frogkip Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:44 pm

Reedpaw spun around. "It's not entirely about that, and you know why the rule was made. If a medicine cat has kits, they lose connection to Starclan, therefor rendering their rank useless and leaving the clan without a medicine cat. Medicine cats are spiritually special in Starclan, and wig kits to cloud their mind, memories like that can block out Starclan from turning the cat's focus on them." Reedpaw huffed. "It may seem a little unfair, but Windclan needs their medicine cat connected completely to Starclan."

Turning to Rabbitfoot, it was a bit obvious what he was going to say.

"Rabbitfoot, arguing with yourself is like trying to pick who is right out of two or more cats. Your destiny is yours to choose, and if you truly believe with all your heart that Quietbreeze and you were meant to be together, then so be it. Whichever you choose has both bad and good consequences." He explained strongly. Though he didn't live to have his ceremony, Reedpaw was definitely a warrior at heart...In size too.
Mossy's Frogkip
Mossy's Frogkip

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum