Warriors Cats of the Forest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rabbitpaw's Ceremony

Go down

Rabbitpaw's Ceremony Empty Rabbitpaw's Ceremony

Post  Sarrowbuscus Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:20 pm

Rabbitpaw padded down, sensing the Moonstone nearby. He kept padding on until he could feel it in front of him. He took in a deep breath, and, almost feeling the light pulsating off of it from the moon above, he touched his nose to the icy cold rock and almost instantly fell asleep.

Rabbitpaw opened his still blind eyes and parted his jaws. He swished his tail, and realized the ground was WindClan..But, no, he was in StarClan at the moment. He felt a cat breathing down his neck, and could feel starry eyes pouring into his pelt, examining him. "Is he ready?" a voice piped up. "I dunno..." another answered. He could feel the unease prickling through the air. His chest swelled. But he didn't dare say a word. He wouldn't dare disrespect StarClan. Then, he felt the hot breath that had been billowing down his neck vanish, and the presence of the same cat standing in front of him now. He sniffed. The scent of fish and reeds filled his nose, and he twitched. "RiverClan?"
"Trouttail."
"Why are you here?"
"All of StarClan is here." the tom in front of Rabbitpaw answered. He then felt soft, silk-like fur brushing his pelt. The frame was small and lithe. "I am Scarlet. I was a member of WindClan when the Clans were founded." The she-cat named Scarlet laughed. "Before leaders were 'stars." He blinked. "And, yes, I was...Well, what you cats call a medicine cat. So, I guess I'll be helping you with this Rabbit...paw.." she said. He could obviously tell she was not used to Clan names, well..Clan names as the current four Clans knew them.

Rabbitpaw could feel every current cat in StarClan's presence melting around the gorse-freckled territory, as their starry eyes gleamed in anticipation. He pricked his ears and listened to the excited whispers rippling through them. "Wow..This is so exciting! WindClan's first medicine cat 'paw becoming a full medicine cat!"
"I know, isn't it? I feel excited for them, even though I was ShadowClan."
"Yea, well, ShadowClan or WindClan, we're all one Clan; StarClan."
he heard the mews rippling around the moor. StarClan was in a ring around him, and Scarlet looking him in the eye; he only knew because he could feel here piercing gaze seeping into him.
"I, Scarlet, medicine cat of WindClan, say this young apprentice has earned his name. He has trained hard to understand the way of a medicine cat, and with our help, he will serve his Clan for many moons. Rabbitpaw, do you promise to uphold the ways of a medicine cat, to stand apart from rivalry between Clan and Clan, and to protect all cats equally, even at the cost of your life?" Scarlet said evenly.
"I do." Rabbitpaw answered calmly; excitement was welling in his chest.
"Then by the powers of these cats surrounding you, including me, I give you your true name as a medicine cat. Rabbitpaw, from this moment on, you will be known as Rabbitfoot." The name rang in Rabbitfoot's ears. "Rabbitfoot! Rabbitfoot!" the loud cheering of StarClan exploded around the moor.

Rabbitfoot stood. He could feel a slight, calming heat washing over him. The sun was rising. He turned tail from the Moonstone and headed back to WindClan territory.

Sarrowbuscus
Sarrowbuscus

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum